How much does Scalp Micropigmentation at Hairline Ink cost?
Thousands have chosen scalp micropigmentation because it is one of the most convincing, reliable, and affordable options available to address hair loss.
Micropigmentation is a very intricate procedure, however. On average, there are over 100,000 follicles on the human head; this means our skilled practitioners—guided by cutting-edge technology—must carefully implant pigments by hand upwards of 1,250 times per square inch. The price to accomplish this feat at Hairline Ink generally falls between $2,000 to $3,600 for what we would consider our average client’s needs and treatment plan. However, the exact price of scalp micropigmentation treatment may be higher or lower depending on a number of factors including the following:
Of course, one of the biggest factors that dictates the price of micropigmentation will be the cumulative size of the treatment area determined by the size of the head and the extent of the hair loss.
The majority of our clients suffer from male pattern baldness, the severity of which is determined by The Norwood scale. MPB cannot be prevented and generally follows the stages below.
If you are in the earlier stages of balding treatment will be less costly than addressing the larger treatment areas associated with the later stages of MPB.
- Stage I: Baseline—no hair loss.
- Stage II: The hairline begins to thin typically in an “m” shaped pattern at the temples.
- Stage III: The “m” pattern first seen in the previous stage deepens. Often, hair at the crown of the head begins to thin during this time as well. This is the first stage hair loss can be technically considered “baldness.”
- Stage IV: Hair recedes more dramatically at the sides in this stage, often leaving a triangular island of hair at the front of the head. The bald spot in the back of the head is more noticeable. However, there is generally a full bridge of hair that separates the two distinct areas of hair loss.
- Stage V: The two main regions of hair loss in the front and back are still distinct, but the band that separates them starts to thin.
- Stage VI: The two main areas of hair loss unite in this stage. Hair continues to recede around the sides of the head.
- Stage VII: In this stage, only the hair around the back and sides of the head remain, forming the classic “horseshoe” pattern.
Pricing for those suffering from other conditions that result in hair loss in the form of general thinning, patching, or complete baldness will be established in the same way—cumulative size of the treatment area determined by the size of the head and the extent of the hair loss.
The vast majority of our clients have a skin type that falls into what we would consider a normal range. However, there are a number of different skin types and conditions that require special accommodations which may affect the price of your treatment plan.
- Excessively dry, flaky skin; older skin; severe acne; moles; damaged skin; or highly sensitive skin may necessitate extra time and care.
- Extremely thick skin might also require extra treatment time; the thicker the skin, the more pressure is needed in order for the needles to penetrate through to the deeper layers. Thinner skin requires less pressure on the pen, which allows for a quicker hand motion and shortens the overall treatment time.
New skin may also affect the procedure. Let your technician at Hairline Ink know if you’ve recently received a hair transplant. Sometimes collagen forms at the site of the new grafts, which makes the skin very soft and act like a sponge when the pigment is injected in that area. Micropigmentation and hair transplant procedures can be a very effective combination, but just be sure to consult with your technician to discuss time and technique to achieve optimal results.
The presence of scarring may also require special time and consideration from a technician at Hairline Ink. Since hair does not grow over scar tissue, and micropigmentation is meant to mimic natural hair stubble, other accommodations must be made.
For lighter scars, using a specific technique with our normal micropigmentation treatment will usually be enough to hide the blemish. For more pronounced scarring, our technicians might recommend scar treatment before proceeding with micropigmentation, or we might recommend pre-treatment with our revolutionary camouflage ink system.
Camouflage Ink “fades” the scar by first blending the discoloration into the surrounding skin before moving forward with our standard micropigmentation procedure to give the appearance of natural hair growth, as if the scar was never even there.
To find out more about micropigmentation and scar camouflage click here.
Hair Density and Style
Even with a full head of hair, the natural density of one’s hair can vary greatly from person to person. Blondes, for example, have an average of 150,000 individual hair follicles, while redheads may have as few as 90,000. For the most natural look, we take into account the fullness and distribution of your natural hair. However, if you’re not happy with the natural distribution of your hair, talk to your technician about using micropigmentation to fill out the appearance of your existing hair.
The style you choose will also determine the density of the treatment and the time required to accomplish the look. A “wet shave” look is a very light treatment option, while a classic fade needs extra density in places which means extra treatment time.
Get a Quote
All treatments are priced individually based on the above-mentioned factors. To get a better idea of the cost of scalp micropigmentation for your specific case, submit information about your situation along with three to five photos and we will get back to you within 24-48 hours with the expected cost of treatment.
Upload your photos and get your quote here.
If you would rather make low monthly payments than paying the entire bill in full, consider financing with our partner United Medical. You may qualify for 12 months of 0% APR financing, which would allow you to break the payments up over 12 months without interest.
To learn more about financing with United Medical and to fill our their quick two-minute application, click here.
About Hairline Ink
When you choose Hairline Ink for your hair loss solution, you know you’re getting friendly, sympathetic treatment. All of our artists have experienced hair loss or thinning in some fashion and turned to Micropigmentation treatments, so rest-assured that you’re getting compassionate and knowledgeable help from our team. Our goal is to help as many people regain the confidence of a full head of hair again without breaking the bank, which is why we’re up-front about our pricing and we offer a financing solution for those of you who wouldn’t be able to afford the one-time payment.
If you’re ready to regain your confidence by looking and feeling great, contact us today to set up a consultation. There, we’ll be able to discuss exactly what kind of treatment you’re looking for, look closely at your hair and skin type, and be able to give you an accurate price for our services.