Scalp Micropigmentation Treatment Aftercare with Mike Muszynzki at Hairline Ink
Hello everyone. This is Mike from Hairline Ink Chicago and in today’s video I’m going to point out simple easy steps for your treatment aftercare.
There are two types of aftercare guidelines: Short-term and long-term. So let’s start with the short-term:
- For four days, avoid washing your head. So whether it’s after your first, second or third session, do not wash your head for four days. On the fifth day, I recommend washing it with warm water and shampoo. If you notice your scalp being dry after the shower, please apply moisturizer and continue doing it twice a day; in the morning and at night.
- Try not touch the treatment area with your bare hands. What happens is your hands carry bacteria and germs you don’t want to affect the treatment area and get it infected. You are allowed to wear a hat after your treatment. Whether it’s your beanie or your trucker hat, you’re good to go.
- For seven days, avoid any heavy, heavy sweating. This is of paramount importance. So basically, no running or hitting the gym for seven days. After seven days, you are good to go and get back to regular exercise routine. This covers the short-term aftercare.
Long-term aftercare is pretty simple as well:
- For one month, avoid any swimming pools with chlorine and any body of water that contains salt. Also avoid going into a sauna or a steam room.
- During sunny weather, please do not touch the treatment area for one month. And later on if you are in the sun and you are not wearing a hat, please apply SPF 50 this will protect your treatment for any future fading and also it’s going to protect your scalp from any sun damage.
I hope you find these guidelines helpful for your treatment aftercare, but if you do have any additional question regarding your treatment aftercare, please call us at 585-250-0835 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. And once again, my name is Mike from Hairline Chicago and thank you for watching this video!