Losing your hair can have many negative consequences, like damage to your self-perception or self-worth. Hair is such an important part of maintaining your self-esteem that balding or thinning of hair can be a drastic change to your life. Luckily, there are multiple solutions, one of which is to experiment with different types of hair care products.
Depending on the level of need, those suffering from hair loss can either choose a drug-based hair shampoo treatment or pursue a more natural option. If you are looking for a drug-free shampoo, you mostly want to look for oils like argon oil and peppermint oil (which can increase blood flow and skin cell production) and vitamins like biotin, trichogen, and follicusan (which can decrease itching and strengthen hair). For shampoos that incorporate FDA approved drugs, your best options are minoxidil and finasteride. These chemicals both are somewhat successful with continual use.
Some of the most highly recommended shampoos for those with alopecia and other such conditions are:
- Hair Surge Shampoo – This shampoo contains caffeine and ketoconazole, both of which are commonly used to treat dandruff. It also has multiple essential oils.
- Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo – This product reduces hair follicle inflammation and can help ease heavy-duty dandruff.
- Lipogaine Big Five All-Natural Shampoo – As stated in the name, this product is made of all-natural ingredients and is therefore gentle on the skin. It is also marketed for both men and women.
- Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo – This shampoo treats multiple scalp conditions and revives dormant hair roots that may cause thinning or balding heads.
- Lipogaine Big Five All-Natural Shampoo – Not only is it all-natural, but this shampoo is also marketed for all hair types and for both men and women.
Even though these shampoos may offer a temporary solution, it is important to remember that the only permanent and guaranteed solution to the appearance of hair loss is scalp micropigmentation, available at Hairline Ink. Through a tattoo-like process, Hairline Ink can create the look of real, natural hair that lasts forever. We offer Scalp Micropigmentation in over 50 US cities. Call or text us today at 833-HAIR-INK (833-424-7465) to schedule an appointment, learn about our pricing, or get a free quote!