Hair loss is very common and noticing that your hair isn’t as lush as it used to can happen gradually or all at once. Most often, the cause is completely natural, and many people will look into options like scalp micropigmentation, which is a great option for those who choose it. For those of us who are still considering whether it’s time for such treatments, there are a number of options to keep hair healthy naturally.
Most of the problems can be solved through a change of habit or the addition of hair-care routines. Other problems may be hormone-based or hereditary, so you should visit a doctor or get hormone levels checked when you begin to notice a thinning hairline. Here are some options for keeping your hair healthy:
- Add proteins, vitamins, and antioxidants to your diet. Fish and egg whites are an excellent way to boost your protein consumption, and the antioxidants in drinks like green tea can make hair care both delicious and low-effort.
- Drink plenty of water!
- Stop the bad habits like smoking, frequent drinking, or grabbing those caffeinated beverages.
- Beginning a regular workout routine can help your hair in more ways than one.
- In as many ways as you can manage, try to reduce sources of stress. A happy emotional state often translates to healthy hair!
- Begin to apply oils and juices to your hair. Natural oils like coconut, olive, and almond can do wonders in a deep head-massage.
- Essential oils can be used as a part of the natural oil massage or after shampooing. Lavender, rosemary, and thyme can work wonders! As an alternative, garlic, onion, and ginger juices can also be massaged into the scalp and left overnight.
At the end of the day, simply “being nicer” to your hair can help! Avoid too much heat, chemicals, and styling products and try to brush less frequently and use wide-tooth combs if your hair is wet.
Have questions about hair loss? Hairline Ink has the answers. If you or someone you know is suffering from hair loss, contact our team of experts to learn how scalp micropigmentation can help you to defy hair loss and reinvent the way you feel. We offer Scalp Micropigmentation in over 50 US cities. Call or text us today at 833-HAIR-INK (833-424-7465) to schedule an appointment, learn about our pricing, or to get a free quote!