It's Time to Rediscover Confidence

Pregnancy and Hair Loss

Pregnancy and Hair Loss

When you’re pregnant, your body goes through many changes, including to the length, fullness, and thickness of your hair. If you are pregnant or were recently pregnant, your hair loss may be an unfortunate side effect of your pregnancy.

Normally, about 90% of your hair is growing while the other 10% is in a resting phase. During pregnancy, however, this resting phase is extended, meaning you are losing more hair than is being replaced. This is called telogen effluvium, and can occur anywhere from three months into a pregnancy to five months after you have your child.

Usually, hair loss occurs at the end or after a pregnancy. Because the hormones in your body are changing frequently, the body does not behave as it normally would. This means that your body is draining the nutrients that usually go to your hair to help support your child. For this reason, in addition to telogen effluvium, you may be experiencing hair loss due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency.

There are a few things that you can do to avoid hair loss during pregnancy and after delivery. First and foremost, you should consult with your physician about your hormone levels and discuss what you can do to stay regulated. You want to make sure your estrogen levels remain balanced after pregnancy.

During and after pregnancy, you should also avoid pigtails, cornrows, and other hairstyles that pull hair tight to your scalp. Similarly, be careful to avoid tugging or brushing your hair when it’s wet if at all possible, as the hair is weak and more prone to falling out. You can also use conditioners and shampoos that contain biotin to stimulate hair growth.

If you find that your hair loss does persist, the only practical solution is to investigate Hairline Ink’s scalp micropigmentation therapy. We’ve helped a number of women with their hair loss after pregnancy and would love to help you too! In just two to three sessions, you can have the look of your full head of hair back, forever. We offer Scalp Micropigmentation in over 50 US cities. Call or text us today at 833-HAIR-INK (833-424-7465) to schedule an appointment, learn about our pricing, or get a free quote!

Written by The Hairline Ink Team
Written by The Hairline Ink Team

Our team of experts is committed to delivering accurate, up-to-date, and unbiased information through our blog and informational service pages. We understand that empowering our clients with knowledge is essential for making informed decisions about their scalp micropigmentation (SMP) journey. By conducting extensive research and maintaining open lines of communication with industry leaders, we ensure that our content is both reliable and informative, giving you the confidence to take the first step towards transformation.

Contact Us
Let us craft your
custom hair needs
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hair loss is complex. Solving it doesn't have to be. Learn more today.

Real Stories from Real Clients

Discover the life-changing effects of scalp micropigmentation on our clients.

The Hair Loss Book

Hairline Ink is proud to
offer this helpful eBook.

Get Our FREE eBook

Hairline Ink Reviews


At Hairline Ink, we do our best to make sure that every client has an experience worth sharing. Just read what some of our clients are saying about their own results. A leap of faith is all it takes, and it starts with a simple phone call with one of our amazing  Client Care Managers.

Ready to change your life?

Contact us today to learn more, get a FREE Quote, or schedule YOUR Consultation!

Call Now Button