The Ultimate Scalp Micropigmentation Aftercare Guide
There are plenty of things you can do before your SMP treatment, but how do you take care of your scalp afterward? It’s important to take the necessary steps after your treatment to ensure that you get the best results. Here’s how to do it:
Immediately after treatment, your scalp will need time to heal. Just like any other medical procedure, you need to take it easy by not interfering with your body’s recovery process. The scalp will form tiny scabs where the needle pierced the skin. Under no circumstances should you touch, pick at, or disturb your scalp while your body mends these small wounds.
- You must wait three days before washing or touching the scalp after a treatment.
- Prevent your body from sweating by resting during this time. Do not exercise, sit in the sun, or do any other activity that may cause you to sweat.
- By the fourth day, you can use water to rinse your scalp. Do not use any shampoo or other soaps to clean the area.
- If you are planning on having another treatment, begin moisturizing the scalp at this time.
- After seven days, you can clean the treated area. We recommend washing the scalp with a gentle facial cleanser.
- During the first 30 days, it is critical that you avoid exposure to UV rays, intense sweating, or any damage to the scalp while your micropigmentation sets.
It’s understandable to be concerned about your scalp micropigmentation aftercare, but you should try your best to enjoy the results, instead of constantly fretting about potential outcomes. For Long-Term Care, keep the following in mind:
- Continue to avoid direct exposure to intense sunlight, and protect yourself from UV rays. This will help the treatment from “fading” and will give you better results for a longer period of time.
- Do not use products that contain alcohol as a quick drying agent. Specifically, look out for SD alcohol, denatured alcohol, or isopropyl alcohol high on the list of ingredients.
- Always moisturize your scalp at least once every day.
- Remove dead skin cells by using an exfoliating cleanser to keep your scalp looking great.