Best Shampoos for Hair Loss
No matter the reason, hair loss is never a welcomed experience. Unfortunately, it can affect women as well as men of all ages. If you’re currently experiencing hair loss, you may be looking for a way to take action other than prescription medications or expensive operations.
One way you can treat hair loss at home is through an activity all of us do multiple times a week: shampooing. But with so many hair loss shampoos out there, how do you know what to look for and which ones are most effective?
No matter the brand, there are a few ingredients all hair loss shampoos need to contain to maximize their effectiveness. This includes:
- Ketoconazole – Proven to combat follicle DHT-sensitivity, a common reason for hair loss in men. Ketoconazole has proven to improve hair density, size, and proportion of anagen follicles.
- Caffeine – Along with waking us up and getting us through the day, caffeine can also fight against hair follicles production suppression.
- Biotin – Some research indicates hair loss is a result of a biotin (Vitamin B7) and zinc deficiency. Biotin can strengthen your follicles so they retain hair.
- Saw Palmetto – Used by Native Americans as medicine and food for centuries, extract from saw palmetto berries might block enzymes that change testosterone to the DHT (a common cause of hair loss).
It’s important to be aware that most hair loss shampoos don’t work and are in fact marketing ploys by shampoo companies. Make sure you’re careful when looking online or walking through shampoo aisles and to use these shampoos in conjunction with other lifestyle changes such as an improved diet and exercise regimen. If you are going in the direction of shampoo to combat hair loss, here are five of the best hair loss shampoos out there:
- Ultrax Labs Hair Surge
- Lipogaine Big 5 All-Natural Shampoo
- Shapiro MD Hair ReGrowth Shampoo
- PURA D’OR Anti-Hair Loss Shampoo
- Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
All of these shampoos are highly-rated and contain many of the critical ingredients necessary for slowing hair loss and even regrowing hair. At Hairline Ink, we are here to help you tackle your hair loss and take action to improve the way you look and feel forever. To learn more about scalp micropigmentation, contact us to schedule a consultation by calling (585) 250-0835.