Using Scalp Micropigmentation to Treat Male Pattern Baldness
Male pattern baldness is extremely common, accounting for as much as 95% of all male hair loss and affecting as much as 50% of men over the age of 50 in the United States alone. The terminology “male pattern baldness”, also referred to as androgenetic alopecia, is used to describe natural hair loss in men that cannot be explained by another medical condition or outside contributing factor. While there are other sources of hair loss in men, including hair loss caused by other forms of alopecia, telogen effluvium disorders, medical treatments, or as a result of some kind of trauma, male pattern baldness is by far the most common cause of hair loss and thinning in men.
At Hairline Ink, our world-class artists and industry-leading experts have dedicated their lives to helping men who experience male pattern baldness to regain their confidence and renew their self-esteem with our advanced treatment, scalp micropigmentation. This affordable, guaranteed, and safe treatment option is a life-long solution to the problems posed by male pattern baldness, and our team at Hairline Ink is here to help you better understand how this incredible procedure could change your life.
Causes and Effects of Male Pattern Baldness
Male pattern baldness is a genetic condition and is the result of changes that take place with male hormones as men age. As a normal part of the aging process, men’s bodies begin to convert the hormone testosterone into the hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Unfortunately, it is believed that dihydrotestosterone has adverse effects on hair follicles in men who are genetically predisposed to male pattern baldness.
In men with male pattern baldness, the presence of dihydrotestosterone eventually causes their hair follicles to shrink in size, which results in the production of thinner, shorter hair strands. As follicles continue to shrink, the hair in affected areas will continue to become thinner and shorter until eventually, the follicle will cease to produce new strands of hair.
Everyone will experience male pattern baldness to differing degrees. Some men will experience a minor, gradual recession of their natural hairline, and nothing more. Many men will develop the signature “M” pattern as their hairline recedes on both sides of their head, above the temples, while others will experience near to total hair loss on the tops of their heads.
Hair loss caused by male pattern baldness is not, in and of itself, indicative of any other medical conditions, and does not pose any health risks to men. Unfortunately, its effects are almost always permanent, and many men suffering from male pattern baldness experience anxiety, self-consciousness, and a loss of self esteem.
Scalp Micropigmentation for Male Pattern Baldness
There are a number of options available to men who are looking to minimize or mask the effects of male pattern baldness, but many of them come with significant drawbacks.
- Hair Transplants: Hair transplants involve transplanting a section of the scalp that still has hair growth onto a section of the scalp that is experiencing thinning or complete hair loss. Unfortunately, these procedures can be extremely painful, expensive, can produce significant scarring, and, in many cases, do not result in the successful regrowth of hair.
- Hair Pieces: Wigs and hair pieces are another option available to men experiencing hair loss from male pattern baldness. Unfortunately, many men experience uncertainty at the non-permanent nature of this treatment option and the fear that accompanies the possibility of the hair piece suddenly and unexpectedly being displaced.
- Hair Clubs: While some have experienced success at joining hair clubs, the reality is that this option is incredibly expensive and, as a non-permanent solution, they can keep their members on the hook for expensive treatment for years, if not a lifetime!
- Prescription Medication: There are a number of prescription medications that are marketed to men who experience male pattern baldness. These drugs claim to be able to stop the advance of hair thinning that results from male pattern baldness. Unfortunately, for many men, by the time they begin using these drugs, their hair loss has already progressed to a point where these medications are no longer effective. Additionally, some of these medications come with very serious side effects that can cause users to suffer lasting harm.
Unlike these other treatment options, Scalp micropigmentation offers an effective, guaranteed, and cost-effective treatment option for male pattern baldness. Scalp micropigmentation is an advanced cosmetic procedure in which dots of pigment are added to your scalp, much like getting a tattoo. These dots are carefully matched to your skin tone and natural hair color, and are carefully placed across your head using a precise computer controlled system, resulting in the appearance of a full head of hair that has been cut or shaved close to the scalp.
How Does Scalp Micropigmentation Work?
Using a needle similar to a tattooing needle, scalp micropigmentation places tiny dots of pigment just beneath the surface of the skin on your head. This collection of dots creates the appearance of hair that has been shaved clean and is just starting to grow out again. This procedure creates an incredibly natural appearance of fullness, a natural hairline, and can be combined with your existing hair growth to create even more fullness.
Scalp micropigmentation only takes a consultation and 1 to 3 visits to provide individuals suffering from any degree of male pattern baldness with the appearance of a full head of hair.
- In your consultation, we will sit down for an in-depth discussion so that we can be sure that we understand the exact results you’re hoping to achieve and to create a detailed plan of action.
- On your first visit, treatment begins. In our years of experience, we’ve found that a conservative treatment on your first visit is the best. You may notice a little scalp redness after this initial session, but pain will be minimal. Most people rate the pain of scalp micropigmentation as a 2 out of 10.
- On your second visit, we will fill in the skin on your scalp creating an even, 3D appearance of hair.
- In some cases, an individual may require a 3rd and final visit to obtain full coverage.
And, just like a tattoo, once your final session has been completed, your treatment results are guaranteed.
Whatever degree of hair loss you are experiencing, scalp micropigmentation can provide you with the results you want and the self-confidence you are seeking. Whether you’ve experienced full hair loss or patches of thinning, scalp micropigmentation can create the appearance of a full head of hair.
Additionally, scalp micropigmentation can be used to help those who have unsuccessfully tried other treatment options for male pattern baldness. Many of the clients we see are people who did not achieve success with hair transplants and are now looking for a guaranteed, effective treatment option that can also help them cover the scarring that resulted from their hair transplant procedures.
About Hairline Ink
Whatever your circumstances may be, all of our expert practitioners at Hairline Ink are passionate about helping individuals suffering from all forms of hair loss. Each member of our All-Star Team has personally dealt with hair loss/hair loss related confidence issues and eventually turned to Scalp Micropigmentation.
We at Hairline Ink truly view our practitioner’s work as a form of art and our talented technicians pour their passion into each and every client they work with. Having experienced hair loss themselves, our practitioners know just how emotional this issue is for individuals, and want you to know that we understand exactly what you’re going through. Choosing a potential treatment option for hair loss is an extremely personal decision, and here at Hairline Ink, every single member of our team wants to help you understand the full range of options that are available so that you can choose the treatment option that is best for your life and your needs. If you are considering scalp micropigmentation to compliment a hair transplant, you can trust that you are in the best of hands with our talented team of All-Stars at Hairline Ink.
Don’t Waste Another Minute; Call Hairline Ink Today!
The entire team at Hairline Ink knows that hair loss is an extremely delicate topic, and one that you may not have felt comfortable talking about. However, we know exactly what you are going through, and the great news is, we know exactly how to help. We have helped countless men recover their self confidence and secure a life-long solution to male pattern baldness with the incredible benefits afforded by scalp micropigmentation, and we want you to earn your trust as you make this incredibly important decision in your life. Contact us today to discuss your situation, your hair loss journey, and what scalp micropigmentation can do for YOUR life.